Sunday, May 16, 2010

"To me anyone under the age of 60 is wildly exciting"- My great aunt Netta

I know it's been a few days since my last post but quite honestly I haven't had a moment to myself since I posted. Here's the rundown of my past week.

On Monday the 10th my dad and my sisters fiancee arrived in Hattiesburg (an hour earlier than expected I might add because my dad forgot that Hattiesburg is 1 hour ahead than Gainesville). We immediately began packing all of my worldly possessions into a U-Haul trailer, my dad's truck and my Honda CRV. In case you had any questions about how long it takes 3 very determined and focused individuals to pack ever piece of furniture in a 1 bedroom apartment the answer is 3 hours.

The rest of the day was spent napping on my floor, having dinner at Old Athen's Grill and watching the movie Airplane (my dad in his infinite wisdom didn't pack the TV or DVD player so we would have something to do that night). The next morning we crammed all of my random stuff into every available space and took off for Knoxville, TN. Travis (my sister's fiancee) and I rode in my car while my dad drove the truck/trailer.

After a 7 hour drive which included playing the alphabet game twice, Travis talking in his sleep and a dancing chicken at a Guthries in Alabama we arrived in Knoxville. We were met in Knoxville by my brother, sister, my boyfriend Andy, my friend Katie Waldrop (K-lo) and my grandparents (in town for my sister's college graduation) and preceded to unload things into my apartment. Again in case you were wondering how long it takes 9 people to unload a U-Haul, truck and Honda CRV the answer is about 1 1/2 hours. Special thanks goes out to my sister and grandma who unpacked and organized my entire kithen!!!

The next day we packed up my brother and sister's stuff (she shared a house with 2 roommates) into the trailer while waiting for my mom and grandma (Gran) to get to Knoxville for the graduation festivities. On Thursday we all got dresssed up and headed to the UT campus for Rachel's graduation. The ceremony was really nice and then we took pictures at the UT Botanical Garden and in front of the Torchbarrer.Since my sister's graduation also happed to fall on my dad's 50th birthday we went out to dinner at Ye Old Steak House and had some wonderful food. On Friday everyone dispersed with the exception of my parents who were going to stick around for part of the day to watch the track and field meet (my dad was on the Track and Field team at UT back in the day). Andy and I went with my parents for lunch at Gus's Goodtime Deli (the best steamed subs ever) and watched some of the track events before heading back to my apartment to watch movies.

Last night (Saturday) I went to a "welcome back to Knoxville, K-Steve"/ K-Lo Graduated Law School dinner at Soccer Taco/ Ray's. I really enjoyed getting to see all of my friends and I'm excited that now our visits won't have to be crammed into a weekend visit. I also got to meet some of Andy's fraternity brothers who were all very nice.
So now were pretty much up to speed with my life. Today is going to be spent hanging out with Andy, working on arts and crafts and watching "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" which is playing on TV.

1 comment:

  1. Yey so glad you are close again!! ... love the blog ;)
    And yes Men in Tights is one of the best movies EVER... the dancing scene about tights makes me widdle on myself just about every time.
    Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete