Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"- Jimmy Buffett

I know that people have different theories about dreams and how to interpret them. After the last 4 nights I apparently need some professional help from a dream interpreter/ psychologist because my dreams have been crazy. Maybe if I put them on here someone can give me some much needed input.

My sisters Bahama's wedding:

I know it's normal for the bride to have strange dreams before her wedding but I didn't think that as the maid of honor I was going to have weird dreams too. I dreamed that my sister's wedding was being held in the Bahamas (My families favorite vacation spot). I was working at an aquarium and was watching a stingray swim around a tank. My "aquarium boss" came and told me that I was in trouble for because my work assignment was to come up with new story ideas for Family Guy and I hadn't come up with any. I hurried back to the house where the wedding was supposed to take place and was stressed because I thought I wouldn't not having enough time to curl my hair. Suddenly I was on an airplane with my dad and brother going to pick up the wedding guests but we were grounded because of weather. I went back to the house and the house next door was on fire.

Any guesses?? Maybe I'm supposed to follow my dreams and start working on Family Guy or maybe I just worry too much about my hair for Rachel's wedding.

Moving again:
The next night I dreamed that I had to find a new doctor for my kidney stones and in order to find a doctor I had to move to Pennsylvania. Since I grew up in the PA some of my neighbors and friends were in my dream and that was interesting but all I really wanted was to go back to Knoxville and see Andy again. I was trying to get my mom on the phone so she could get my Knoxville apartment back. Isn't it strange what we remember from dreams and what we worry about in dreams that is relatively insignificant in real life. During this dream I was sad because I just finished hanging the last of the decorations and pictures and I was so sad that I had to move and take everything down.

Spy work:
This dream is probably the strangest dream I've had in a while. I was on a boat (and now after typing that 1 line I have the "I'm on a boat" song stuck in my head) and it was at night. For some unknown reason I was sneaking onto a bigger boat. The next thing I remember Ellen Degeneres was trying to turn me into a spy I remember not wanting to be a spy. There were other people in the room (I guess she had convinced them to go into the spy business) and I was tied to a chair. Whenever my phone would ring Ellen would answer it and I remember deciding that when she left I would put the keypad lock on my phone so she couldn't answer it anymore. (Yeah I know what you're thinking....I've gone off the deep end and believe me I think so too). Suddenly I was riding on a the back of an ATV and it was some weird version of the Wizard of OZ. That's when I woke up and told Andy all about my dream. Andy is used to this sort of thing becuase when he gets up (very early) to go to work I'm usually out of it and entertain him with my crazy dreams (this is usually at 5:00 so my dream explanations are usually not in complete sentences and I tend to jump around a bit but I think he gets the general idea). On this occasion he probably thought I had been sampling some questionable/maybe illegal substances....I assure you I was not.

So...does this mean I yern for a more exciting life? Maybe I worry about being forced into a decision. Maybe I have an irrational fear of Ellen Degeneres answering my phone? Who knows? I welcome any and all input into my crazy dreams.

Life is moving along smoothly in beautiful Knoxville. I've gone to observe a few days at the clinic I'll be working at starting June 21st and I really am enjoying getting to know my boss and the other women at the office. Andy's birthday is right around the corner (June 4th) and I've already bought his present (this means I am giving him confusing hints about what his present is). Right after Andy's birthday I'll be heading to Florida to help out my family before my sisters wedding. I look forward to days of working out, lying out by the pool and of course running errands all around north central Florida in preperation for the upcomming wedding.

This past weekend Andy and I went to a sorority sisters wedding which was so much fun. Here are some pictures. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment