Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"People come and go so quickly here"

I suppose, since this is my first post, I should tell you a little about myself. I grew up in Pennsylvania and then Gainesville, Fl with my parent's, younger sister and brother and several household pets.

After finishing high school (Go Bobcats!) I made my way to Knoxville for my collage education. Fully intending to major in elementary education I was routinely reminded (via test scores) that teachers should be able to do math and spell. Since these two subjects had plagued me since elementary school changing my major became necessary. After a brief stint with my major being speech pathology and an even briefer stint with the major of zoology I finally settled on Audiology and graduated in 2007.

So I moved down to the thriving metropolis of Hattiesburg, Ms (I don't know if you can sense the sarcasm but I'm layin' it on pretty thick). My objective was to attend the University of Southern Miss for my 3 years of studying before my last year of an externship. Fortunatly for me, I was blessed to have 7 wonderful classmates and many teachers and the 3 years have passed by fairly quickly.

My 7 classmates and I are now about to scatter to different places around the country to finish up our last year before graduation. I am headed back to one of my favorite places: Knoxville, TN. I'm extremely excited to be living in the same city as my wonderful boyfriend of 3 years, Andy, my brother, Ross, who is a soon-to-be junior at UT, my friends and of course my favorite football team. I hope you enjoy following my adventures as I get settled in Knoxville and start my first full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment